Tuesday, September 7, 2010

PSI Leadership Basic Success Seminar Batch 238

Last night September 7, 2010, my fellow PSI graduates of batch 238 celebrated our graduation at the Soliman Corp Center, 2182 Chino Roces Avenue Makati (near Makati Square and Walter Mart and in between Herald Suites and Oriental Place). The graduation came after four days of seminar starting September 1 until September 4, 2010. On the first two days, the seminar lasted from 6 pm until 12 midnight while the last two days (which is a weekend), the PSI seminar is from 9 am to 8 pm. Now, people might feel overwhelmed with the PSI seminar schedule especially because of the first two days since Friday is still a workday and you will be staying till past 12 midnight. However, what I learned is that when you are enjoying something, time flies. You don't even notice that hours are ticking away and you will get surprised that you have reached the last day of the seminar in a breeze. The experience was like a vacation for me where you feel so energized. And oh do you wish that you didn't have to go home to the real world! However, come to think of it? Isn't the purpose of going on vacation is so that you will be more productive once you join the real world again? So on a brighter side, joining seminars such as this is one of those breaks you need to do to recharge not just physically but also mentally, emotionally and spiritually (does not pertain to any religious belief though as PSI is not a religious seminar at all).



That's a powerful thought! There is nothing much I can say about my PSI experience not because I don't want to share it but mostly because I want the future students to maximize their learnings by discovering the truths by themselves. Somehow personal experience matters here more than just vicarious learning. It makes a more memorable impact that you might even consider a life-changing experience for you.

Although one thing I can readily share with you is that they offer the same leadership success seminar to kids from ages 5 to 12. The PSI Kids seminar lasts for just two days. Why is it shorter than the adults' PSI Leadership Success seminar when its supposed to be for kids? Well, the simple explanation is that it is easier for kids to comprehend the lessons than adults. Kids are more honest and open-minded. There's not much "un-learning" that has to be done for kids.

Still I can share some important discoveries I learned from the seminar which I will break down in three parts:

1. Things I already know about me
a. My strengths and my goals in life
b. The laws of the universe that governs all the creatures.

2. Things I don't know about me
a. The mechanisms I can do to reach the goals in my life
b. Inspiring people who have achieved their goals against all odds

3. Things I don't know that I don't know about me

a. My fears and the things that stop me from achieving my goals
b. My untapped strengths

For some what I listed maybe too general for you to consider taking the seminar but for me those nuggets of truths are the most important bullets in my life I have learned in a little over 1/4 of the century I have lived here in this world.

If I have learned them when I was younger, I could have done better EQ-wise together with being IQ-wise. Still, there is no use crying over spilled milk. And as a parent I am given a second-chance to make it better for my child who I am going to enroll to PSI Kids Seminar very very soon. They say education is the best gift we could ever give to our children. However, we also know that education is not limited to the four corners of the classroom. There is so much more to life than just the subjects we learn from school. So give this opportunity to your kids, and give them a gift of life education. It is an investment where you can get ROI in hundred folds.



I am giving away two Gift certificates that will entitle you a 20 percent discount to the PSI Leadership Success Seminar. It's my way of sharing this wonderful gift I was given, anyone who is interested just PM me. The offer is valid first come first served.

As Jack Canfield said, "If you've always done what you've always did, you will always get what you've always gotten."

No comments:

Post a Comment